.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Lula is dead.

I am in Florida, landed yesterday in Ft Walton Beach for a weeklong family vacation and got a call from the dog boarding place. She was out on a walk, heard a loud noise and got spooked, got off the lead they had her on and took off running. Ran into the street and got hit by a car. They said she died immediately, like maybe even had a heart attack. I had tightened her collar when I dropped her off just for that reason, but they must have slipped a different lead around her neck. I can just imagine her spooked and scared like that, she would get scared and panic. But I wasnt there, she wasnt near home and what she knew, and scared.

They cried on the phone as they told me about it.

I felt bad for them too.

I want my Lula, I didnt have enough time with her. She was my baby. My little funny dog. I had so many summer plans for us, so many years left with her. I wont have her little bulbous head to kiss anymore. Her little funny faces she would make at me. Our playtimes. Her sweet soft kisses. Our car rides and trips together. Im not gonna to have my little buddy at home with me.

I was supposed to have many many more years with her.





5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheri,

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry to hear about Lula! It's always been obvious from your postings what a big dog lover you are. Please know that many people have you in their thoughts & are sharing your tears. Stay strong, Sheri.

9:35 PM

 
Blogger Chicago Sheri said...

Thanks, its gonna be hard being back home without her.

10:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sheri, am so sorry. That is just devastating.
love,richard

1:30 AM

 
Blogger Tsuru Bride said...

oh sweetness! i'm so sorry!!

5:05 PM

 
Blogger Iowa Greyhound said...

So sorry to hear that. She seemed so sweet, and I enjoyed seeing your adventures together. You gave her a great home, and that's what matters most.

8:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home