.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Sunday, January 25, 2004

Shadow got adopted. Tortilla has put on noticeable weight just since last week. The 2 spots over his eyes turned out to be from cigarette burns. Such a happy lovey dog after all he has been through. Quite a few of the dogs had holds on them being held for adoptions. Nice to see.
There were quite a few other walkers there today. I only walked one dog. We spent time with them inside playing mostly.
I walked Bernie. 1 of 2 stray Chihuahuas. Such an odd picture. Stray Chihuahuas?!? In January?! Poor cold dogs! He didn't want to walk past the other dogs to go outside, he pulled back, so I picked him up and carried him out. He didnt want to go outside to cold. But I put him down for a bit so he would go, and then picked him back up. I unbuttoned my coat a little and put him in, so he could warm up. He growled at the other dogs stopping to say hi. Bernie and I watched Brad with a pitbull Emily. Emily wanted to play and not go back in, so they went in the outside run and he threw the tennis ball for her for a bout 15 minutes. She played very nice.
Brad spent some time with Tortilla in his kennel. He was all worked up and excited.

Sambuka is a pit/dalmatian mix. Beautiful dog. Black/white face with one brown eye and one blue. Sambuka really liked Brad. Brad sat down in his kennel with him and Sambuka just backed right up in his lap and then flopped over showing his belly. Everytime he would hear a noise or another dog he would flop his head over in that direction. I think he knows he is cute and works it. He was super aware when people were heading his direction and would sit. The nice sit, seemed to showcase him more...and he ate it up. Everyone stopped to tell him how cute he was.



Duke was next door to Sambuka. At first we wanted to say hi, but he seemed to jumpy when we went for the kennel door. But later I went in and he was totally calm. He is a pit mix, 1 years old. Big guy. Got up in my face. So I just kissed his face and smelled his fur. Then I started pushing him around, and he just turned to butter and flopped down when I'd push him. Rubbed his belly. We'd listen as people walked by admiring Sambuka. Duke was listening to the people and noticing they werent talking to him. I think he was getting sick of his neighbor. Brad came in with us, so Duke now had a cageful. Brad fed him by hand as he laid down between us. His appetite picked up, and later we moved the bowl over by us and he ate most of it and then drank some water. We tested his temperament. I pulled his tail while he ate, played with his feet (some dogs are touchy about their feet), put my hand by his mouth and food while he ate. He was wonderful, nothing bothered him. He enjoyed being served by us. Feeding him, having us dote on him. It was nice. He was just so calm and laid back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home