.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Saturday, February 28, 2004

Harvey, Duke, Zeus, Jordan, and Carmella all got adopted!!
Lots of empty kennels today.

I walked Jamie first, a collie/sheltie mix. Very quiet dog. Never made a sound, and very shy.
Even when I first pet her, she was aware of it, but just taking in, wanted to make sure I meant it. Then slowly she eased into it, sniffed my face and felt more protected by me. Like to stick close. As we walked she perked up and got a little playful. We saw some other dogs walking and she walked towards them, wanting to check them out, as long as she was just out of reach for them. Or she would peek at them from behind me. I really liked her a lot.




Max was outside in the run. I went to go play with him for a bit. I sat down and he jumped in my lap. He was all wound up, and running around. Very cute little dog.




Brad liked Bandit the most. A lab. Lots of energy and playful, but loving too. We both sat in his kennel with him for awhile and played ball. Bandit clearly loved Brad too.




Vienna I think was an Akita mix. The dogs had all been walked by this time, so it was just visiting time. I went and sat with her. Such soft fur, nice puppy smell to her. Great to give good hard hugs too. So much expression.



We played with Simba last. Simba is such a boxy dog, big head, big feet. Simba was really getting into playing ball with Brad in the kennel and still had tons of energy. So he took him outside on the run to wear him out so he might bark less when people came through looking for a dog. Brad tossed the ball for awhile and then not too much later the return trot started slowing down, and Simba started laying down with his tennis ball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home