.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Saturday, February 14, 2004

Happy Valentine's Day!
Brad made me breakfast in bed.
I had a small bowl of mango, small bowl of apricot applesauce, a piece of toast, and a scrambled egg with a dash of hot sauce, cheddar cheese and a side of plain yogurt. He brought it up to me on a tray with a beautiful red rose and card. He even used the pretty plates! :)
I ate a little bit of everything and then fed some of it to him.
I got him some Lindt chocolate truffles and a card.
Then off to walk the dogs!

Sambuka, Japser, Duke, the puppies from last time (but there are always new puppies) got adopted. And Tortilla and Columbus are on hold while a family thinks it over.

I walked Columbus first, and Brad took out Zeus.
I forgot my camera today.

Columbus is such a great dog, but one of the other volunteers told me he keeps peeing and pooping in his kennel and then sitting or laying in it. I asked if he needed a bath, but they said they bathed him last night so he was still clean. I hope whoever has him on hold doesnt end up returning him because of something like that rather than taking the time to train him. Issues like that sound more psychological than bathroom training to me though. I think its his confidence and self-esteem. He was sweet as usual with me, stopped, sat down a lot, for pets and loving as we walked. Stayed very close to me, looking back over his shoulder at me a lot. He acts a little coy up close, doesnt demand kisses and hugs. So I just grab him kiss him and hug him, and he so cute, after you do that he is sitting up straighter like it made him happy. He did the same thing with Brad. Brad grabbed his face and kissed his snout, and then he would sit up higher all proud like, so adorable.

Brad walked the pitbulls, Zeus and Boss. Big boxy lovey dogs. So playful. Then he spent time with Simba a Lab, another huge boxy dog

I also walked Joe, a chihuahua terrier mix, and Abby a small yorkshire terrier.

Beautiful day, a bit warmer, sun out. Good walking day. All the dogs got walked before we left so we sat with some of them before we left.

On our way home we went to the car wash to wash salt off the car. Then stopped at Ulta. I had never heard of this place before, but a girl that Brad works with mentioned it and buys her makeup and stuff there, so we thought we would check it out. It's like a lower priced Sephora. I love it! They have the expensive brands and the drug store brands. We picked up a couple of things, I even asked about getting my haircut (they have a salon there) but they were booked. I think my hair is starting to look a little stringy and needs cut soon. I gotta take my mom and sister here when they visit.

Went to the grocery store, then back home. Made a few phone calls and then time for a nap. Ahhh....nap! I love my bed and weekend naps! Just got up a little bit ago from it.

Now trying to download "The Show Stopper" by Super Nature ...tough to find. Its Salt-n-Pepa, before they were Salt-n-Pepa. It's one of those response songs to "The Show" by Doug E. Fresh and the Get Fresh Crew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home