.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Friday, September 30, 2005



I went back to the local downtown area this afternoon to waste time.
More curious geese, they weren't mean, just wondering if I had any food.
So I leaned over the water as they stretched their necks and tried to eat my camera.






They opened a new shop in my area, Ethel's Chocolate Lounge.
They got it put together pretty quick, looked like it was still being gutted just a couple weeks ago. They just opened today after the fire marshall gave the final ok sometime this afternoon. I got a free chocolate sample of my choosing. I ate an almond toffee crisp and it was delicious. I was in a toffee mood, but I think its tough for me to judge the quality based on that, the true test would be to just try the plain chocolate and see if it melts like butter or is waxy. I will go in if I think I can score a sample, otherwise it's a bit too expensive for me. $1.50 per individual chocolate, or a small bag of chocolate covered pretzels for $10. They have a back room for "chocolate parties". The place is really nice and cushy.












0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home