.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I like making stories up about strangers.
During our Saturday Burger King breakfast, there was an older guy in a suit who was the mentor of a young suit with an acne face and overly moussed stiffened hair like he thought it would be edgy to look like a Gotti boy. Both on the nerdy geek side looking. They were with a young, fairly attractive girl. So I mused that they were all members of some nerd cult and that if you joined they would shared their arm-candy women with you. And of course I say things like this just loud enough for people nearby to overhear...
I was close enough, turns out they weren't a nerd cult but all worked at 5/3 bank and had a bunch of little pig piggy banks and looked to be going over the outline plan of their promotional attack for the day.
The name of that bank has always bothered me, it's just so wrong. Bankers are supposed to be good with numbers. It reminds me of this little clothing store in a run down strip mall back in Ohio where we used to live named "Status Quo". That always bothered me too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home