.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Friday, November 03, 2006

I have already worked 90 hours this week.
On conference call now, like every night
except last night

Last night I got a full night sleep with only 1 call after midnight.

I worked the day or so before, 11am to 6:30 am the next day.

Had a meltdown, I was just tired and hadn't eaten (coffee and aspirin) and couldnt stop crying yesterday afternoon.
Left the house, took some time off after 4 hours of sleep from the marathon till 6am ish.
Got my coffee, had a wax done...at least something to take my mind off of things :)

Didnt eat until Brad got pizza for dinner, and sat in his lap. Was better after some food, get so busy and I can't figure out what to eat so I put it off, lost 5 pounds since last week. A work mate, took over some late night maintenance so I didn't have to do it, I couldnt anyway, I am useless when I am that tired and emotional, can't think straight to be helpful enough, and then I just feel stupid, not on top of my game.

So eating dinner and getting a mostly full nights sleep helped a lot.
I think another guy will help with on-call tomorrow after they started asking how many hours I have done. Boss's boss has been really cool, we talk on yahoo messenger and email, he says nice things to me about what a good job I am doing and hopes I stay on with the team. Hearing nice things helps too.

Took a bath this afternoon, and got an on-call call, called a team mate, told him I was in the bath and could he look at it for me. He stayed on the phone discussing what to do and explaining it to me that he ended up taking the bath with me.

So I am sitting here talking with vendors on a conf call and privately on messenger...I like doing that during conf calls.

Brad and I are trying to plan out Thanksgiving and Christmas plans. Staying home for Christmas, but want to plan a menu, a treat for ourselves, maybe a mini road trip in-between too, and then a bigger vacation sometime 1st quarter, but don't know what yet.

I do think work will get better, we just had a major switchover to a new system, so lots of tweaking to be done. And next week (starting sunday) I am no longer on call.

My mom and sister are coming for a visit in just a couple weeks (I scheduled on-call coverage)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home