.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Did see La Scala and some other bands on Friday. Went by myself, but met people and hung out with people that knew the band and danced with me. Got in free, people bought me waters, then got into Smartbar free after the show.

Went to Ribfest Sunday and Monday night, spent the night at Jills both nights. The first night we went just to go, and took one of her daughters. Monday night we went to go see Dark Star Orchestra, Jill is a Deadhead and the band plays all Dead stuff, and she is really into it. The Fixx, The Alarm and Psychedelic Furs were also playing but the crowd there was kinda boring, much better crowd all dancing having a good time at Dark Star.

Tonight I went by myself to see Bang Bang at Abbey. They were alright, but interesting, so was the opening band...Brilliant Pebbles I think they were.... Saw some people I saw at Metro on Friday that recognized me and told me about another show tomorrow night (now tonight) at Ronnys called Langhorne Slim that sounded good.

Also tomorrow doing a Craigslist 4th of July. Saw an ad on Craiglist about wanting to meet new people in Logan Square for the 4th. So Brent and I are going and bringing chips and some kind of dessert and meeting random people from Craiglist.

I really enjoy going to music shows. Even bad ones, just checking out a new place, new music, or music I know I like. Find things I like in it, or even just people watching. Back in Ohio I used to go to a lot of shows, and I've really missed that, and the atmosphere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home