.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Monday, June 23, 2008

Vacation in Florida

I cried several times each day about Lula but I still had a good time in Florida with my family.
Im glad I had this last week off, time on the beach, in the pool, eating, soaking up sun and surrounded by people I love.

There were lots of jellyfish in the water the last half of my stay. I think they are pretty but dont like to be in the water with them. Got stung a couple of times and that was it for me. We would catch some in nets and then bury them to try and clear out the waters.

Our first day out in the water we saw like 3 or 4 groups of dolphins and one group came real close to us. We were so excited to be so close to them.

Went out with Jeff and the boys and took pictures of them parasailing. I did it last year, so I just took pics this year. It was their first time, and Jeff doesnt like heights. They all loved it. They almost got dipped in the water right on top of some sting rays! I didnt see any, but they said thye could see some while up in the air.

Jeff and I rented a waverunner for 2 hours. We saw lots and lots of jellyfish. I told him not to tip us cause then all he would hear is me going "OW OW OW OW OW OW OW!!!" We saw a couple schools of splashy fish, we saw some dolphins.

There was one scary part. We saw sharks. We were going by a military building (air force base nearby) on our way to go by our condo and wave to family from the ocean. We saw a really big shadow under us by that building. We stopped and looked again, Jeff thinks it was 10 or 11 feet I think I heard him say. He went slower away from there just to make sure we didnt tip or lose control. Then on the way back...the same area...we saw 2 or 3 that were about 6 feet. Again we stopped to look, and then we started tipping. We werent doing anything to tip. I wondered if one was pushing us but we didnt feel a bump. Jeff thinks there was a weird current that was tipping us. He was scared too. I told him I was scared and to get us out of there. He did.
After and before that everything was fine.

Im still white, but I think I got more color this last week then I ever have, and lots of new freckles.

There were about 25 of us all together, it was cool. Everyone opening their condos to everyone and helping out with the kids. More people joined this year and plan on making it out again next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home