.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Tuesday, May 27, 2003

Full day of Drs.
I am so sleepy.

Dropped the dog off for his chemo, went to Loyola to drink radioactive iodine.
Took a few hours, to register and wait and all that.
It was clear, no taste..just like water, except they stored it in a big lead thing.

I asked if I could be picked up with a Geiger counter, they said "definitely"
COOL! But they didn't know how many rads it would be.

They told me for 4-5 days to not hold anyone to my chest, animal, child.
No spooning or holding Brad close to me either.
Double flush toilets after use.
Try to use disposable plates and utensils.
Not be around pregnant people or animals.
...thats all I can think of at the moment....I wrote it all down.

They said for me to come back on Fri at 7:30am, so they can do body scans of me to see what shows up. If something they dont like shows up, they will know that day and admit me to a hospital for a few days and radioactivate me more which will kill off whatever is left of the cancer.

Then off for my gyno appt.
Brad drove. Lots of traffic, and figuring out where it was and where to park. Did too much walking was tired and hungry. Had time for lunch at Parrots (a bar & grille) across the street from my next appt. Had a hamburger and rested a bit.
Then off to the gyno.

***TMI area for some people***

They did some colopscopy thing that uses vinegar on abnormal cells. And then depending on what color the vinegar mixture turns it tells them what it could be caused by.
I told her I was worried and felt really skanky and gross. I like having women gyn's, not just because they have a vagina, but also because they all know what its like to feel skanky at some time or another. So I know they know what I mean.
She actually reassured me very much, said everything looked good, didnt see much if any abnormal cells, color was good, healthy looking. That made me feel better and less skanky right away. :) In fact she was sure she saw anything wrong, like it might have already come and gone like that female stuff does. But she biopsied anyway for good measure to be sure. She will get the results in on Tues. and call me either way.

I'm glad these appts are over, it was a long day. I was nervous about the biopsy.

Sweet Brad grabbed a wheel chair because we parked at the wrong bldg, and wheeled me to where we needed to go to leave. It was nice, I hadn't gone that fast in so long. Old people pass me in the halls now!!
Drove home in traffic.
Stopped at the store on the way home, and then after 15 minutes it was time for him to go catch a train for his class tonight. Poor Brad.

Im getting ready to go pick up Goli from the vet, and then him & I will lay around and or nap. I am so tired I am giddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home