.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Riding the Sheri roller coaster!
Yesterday I got all the scowling and sulking out of me and was fine today.

During my whining session yesterday I didn't even mention that I just got back from visiting Brad's family for a long weekend trip. The guys went perch fishing, I went to the zoo with Brad's mom. It was a great time, no crowds and all the animals were really active. The giraffes were mating, the hippos play fighting and the monkeys slapping each other. Also went to a pumpkin patch that had a running farm so I got to dote on the cows, pigs, piglets, and go for a hay ride. Also went to an apple butter festival. So lots of fun. Watched quite a few Bob the Builder videos with my nephew. Bob the Builder. Can we fix it? Bob the Builder. Yes, we can!










Today I had breakfast with the Starbucks Mafiosi. I got introduced to a local broadcaster that invited me and Brad to his show/dinner to network and meet some people to help me find a job. The local police also came by and chatted cause Jack (my retired boyfriend, is the father-in-law to their captain).
Had a therapy appointment. Ran some errands and had a dentist appointment. (Need to floss more....)

Got several more calls today. I am meeting with a recruiter tomorrow morning in the loop before I have lunch with Brent. Got another good call from a company that Addy works for and the woman was really nice and really seemed like she wanted to help me find a job and was forwarding my resume to a guy for a project management position. I also got several other calls "no I don't want to relocate", and some other possible opportunities to still talk over.

See I always do this....
I talk about interviews and job possibilities, I get hopeful, maybe even a little excited. Then I don't get the job and then have people asking me how the job thing went and have to tell them I didn't get it, feel sorry for myself and a bit embarrassed. But then I do it all over again.
Whoo-whoo!!! All aboard the Sheri rollercoaster!!!

Oh yeah, and I lined up a free haircut for myself next Tuesday at Mario Tricoci (ooh la la!) as a hair model. Yay me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home