.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Nice weekend.
Everything is covered in a beautiful snow.
More clothes shopping for Brad, and I got some Clinique skincare stuff, which I refer to as "product" just cause it annoys Brad how the sales people always call it "product".
I think we will have a new sofa this week (sale ends Saturday), just taking a couple days to go back and forth over which measurements before we commit.
Brad made a really good meatloaf (a loaf of meat) Saturday, and we are eating on meatloaf sandwiches today.
Watched Hustle & Flow (love the rooster looking kid), Rize (I wanna Krump now), a really good indie film Around the Bend, and gonna watch Gunner's Palace tonight.


I interviewed at this building on Friday. The N building.

.

It was a 3 hour long tag team. I think I did well, however I don't think I have the skillset for what they are looking for, but I think only 1 out of the 5 people could tell. The one that could tell was the bosses boss, with a good head for architecture, and was staring me down a lot like it was a contest. BUT I DIDN'T LOOK AWAY! :) He would ask me follow up questions like "So do you think you could do that?", which I would try to give my sincerest sounding but not too terribly believable "I know I can!" Then followed by a long stare down from him to see if I would flinch. Plus degrees and certifications seemed real important to him. He asked why I didn't have my certifications. I told him it was cause I never needed it. I had work, I got trained on what I needed and when I needed. I didn't need a paper saying I could do what I was already doing. He asked if I was willing to get my certification, and I said sure. But thought it was kind of stupid. Don't get me wrong, I thought the degree and cert stuff was old school, but I did like the guy despite giving me the stink eye. He was really smart and knew his stuff, someone I could really learn from.

I don't want the job, it would give me a heart attack. I would be the main unix admin, they have one jr admin, but is super super jr and I am supposed to mentor and guide this person. Not for me. Also I do not have the confidence to make structure/architecture recommendations for what they should do, and that is what they are looking for. I am the one that needs guidance and direction..and don't want to be the one giving it. I don't have enough SAN exposure either, but they said they could send me to training for that.I'll get feedback early next week to see what they say.

Oh yeah, and I took a drink coaster with the company name on it from the conference room as a little memorabilia for Brad. I'd like it if I could find at least one thing to take with a company name on it from each interview. A new collection for me. I also want to act out in some of the interviews once I know its something I am not qualified for and do not want. Like maybe do a victory dance for every right on answer I give them, or maybe stand up and start krumping, impressing them with my moves. AWWWWWWW YEEEEEAH!!!

I am having my Starbucks reunion tomorrow. Also want to go bowling with Starbucks Jan and maybe Lenny too sometime this week. And then maybe ice skating with Brent at Millennium Park sometime soon too. Maybe I will crash the holiday Inn and go swimming. Little treats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home