.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Blah.
Having small talk troubles again.
Went to Starbucks, (they email me if I'm not there for a few days), I was fine with a little one-on-one with Jan, but the whole crowd was just to much for me. So I smile and nodded every now and then and mostly read. (After agreeing to lunch tomorrow with Lenny - sushi)
I did try to talk to a somewhat newish guy at the Starbucks crowd, and was very disappointed, which is really assy of me. I made up little stories in my head what he was like, and sat and talked with him a bit and he is really boring. The one thing I liked about him was he had a journal, I liked that he wrote to himself. But everything else was blah blah blah.
Oh yeah there was another newish woman, said she was a writer, but isn't published....assy me again. I can't stand it when people say they are writers and such when they just write for themselves, and in her case she has started 22 stories, and not finished one of them. That is not a writer to me. And she talked too much, I smile and nodded to her the most and then excused myself to try to chat up boring journal guy. But I am being a blah snobby bitch today.
I am tired today.
Stayed up too late last night, was poopy ill today (which also made me tired and bitchy)
Finished the other books, reading Stiff, now also got in "Marley & me: life and love with the world's worst dog", "The complete plays of Sophocles" and "Oedipus and Akhnaton: myth and history".
Yeah,... I guess I am in the mood for some good greek tragedies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home