.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Doing better.
Just really tired.
I really wasn't up for the interview I had on Friday.
It was in the Merchandise Mart. I got there early only because I still can't read a stupid train schedule correctly....
So tired, I needed caffeine to get me through it, so went to the Starbucks in the place, and then sat my the elevators of where I needed to go and made phone calls. Called Brad, my mother, Brent, and Jason. I felt like I was close to crying on the phone with Brad. I wasn't that sad but just so frustrated, I was tired and just not really up for a few hours of grilling, and just upset thinking about it. Then when I was on the phone with my mother I felt like people were looking at me, like "Are you lost little girl?" I must have had some harried look on my face.
But surprisingly I pulled my shit together, reeking of fake confidence. The interview I think went actually quite well. I interviewed with 4 people and an HR person. The didn't care if I knew SAN crap or not, they had their own group for it. Fine I don't know Veritas, I could take a class and they are hiring 5 unix people, increasing my chances greatly. It isn't through any recruiters either. I will call the HR guy middle of next week and see if he got any feedback on what they thought of me and when I might find out one way or the other. Hope hope hope.....

Went straight home and napped the rest of the afternoon until Brad got home from work.
I'm just really really tired. We took a nap this afternoon for a couple of hours, and I'm ready for bed again. Eyes burn, back and neck are stiff from just being groggy I think. But I am seeing the doctor on Monday morning. Go over everything with him. Blood pressure is a little low, but not terribly so.

Watched "Broken Flowers" last night, and "Wallace & Gromit: Attack of the Were-Rabbit" tonight. Brad has been out doing himself in the kitchen, last night made some wonderful meringues, and tonight made some hummus for us to pick on.

I was planning on going to an ash scattering today for Richard's boyfriend Juan. I was just to wiped out to get out there and feel really bad about that. I really wanted to be there in support of Richard. Hopefully I can make it out to spend time with him soon, or bring him out here to the burbs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home