.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Saturday, July 07, 2007

The Craiglist 4th of July get together turned out great. Really liked the hosts and hope to hang out with them again. Very laid back people, just like to eat, watch TV, listen to music and they said they would go to music shows with me.

After that Brent and I went to Ronny's to catch a show someone else told me about which turned out pretty awful. The opening guy was acoustic and trying too hard to sound like Tom Waits, so much straining I thought he was going to shit his pants. I had a little too much by that point and then got a really bad case of the giggles which turned into laughing so hard I'm crying and acoustic opening guys friends probably want to kick my ass cause I couldn't stop mocking his singing. His lyrics were so dramatic, he sang a song about WWII "I shot a man, and then I shot his brother, and then I shot him again." OMFG!!! I never thought I would see the day where I embarrassed Brent...but I did. The other bands got a bit better..but just not my thing, and I had such a good fun day and they were all killing the fun.

I think a couple weeks ago I busted an internal stitch in my stomach and its just never healed since, so I went back in to the doctor yesterday and they stitched it shut so hopefully it will seal up now that there is less area space of the wound. Then I've got the 3-day Pitchfork Music Festival I am really looking forward to.

Since I was in the area last night (after the Dr) I went on a date with Tippy and Jill. Tippy likes to always bring Jill on her first date with someone new, and I got to go last night too. I thought he was nice, picked up our dinner and was courteous to all 3 of and not skeezy at all. I told her I thought he was kind, and she should date kind people.

Wasn't ready for bed still when I got back to Logan Square so I swung by and picked up Brent and met Ben and Mark at Quenchers and ate tots.

2 Comments:

Blogger Technodoll said...

OMG that's hilarious! LOL! I too would have lost it... "hey buddy, lost your hearing aid?"

8:34 PM

 
Blogger Technodoll said...

"the more you drink... the better they sound" ;-)

9:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home