.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Yesterday I reorganized bedroom drawers.
Took everything out, folded stuff that was just thrown/shoved in. So now all the socks, underwear, sleeping t-shirts, tank tops, bandanas are all neatly folded and separated by name brands, colors and cuts. Then I mowed the lawn after the great long rain we had on Tuesday. Stopped to talk to neighbors coming back from the dog park.

Then went out with Emily to go see "Me, You and Everyone We Know" Emily didn't like it...didn't hate it, just thought it was weird. I enjoyed it, it was weird. There were only 4 other people in the theater and 2 of them walked out in the first half. They were two really old ladies who I don't think were prepared for a casual almost clinical sexual act that occurs. And some of the subject matter does have the possibility to make some people....uncomfortable. But I think thats why I enjoyed it so much. :)
At one point Emily told me if anything bad happened to that little boy she would hate me forever. Just in case I started whining to her that I didn't really know what this movie was about or where it was going when I picked it out, which was true. She asked me what it was about...and I just mumbled, quirky...relationships...yeah. She asked the ticket guy what the movie was about and he couldnt come up with anything either except that he wanted to see it too. After we watched the movie, I asked her how she would describe the movie...and quirky relationships was the best we could come up with.

Oh yeah, on our way to the movie theater some 10 year old boy was making passes at us from his mom's van. "Looookin' gooooood today ladies!" It was very sweet.

Here is my favorite quote from the movie that I repeated several times today:
"I’ll poop into your butthole and then you’ll poop it back into my butt and we’ll keep doing it back and forth with the same poop forever."
))<>((

Yeah...who said it and how they said it made all the difference. I thought it was really sweet actually.
But I could see where people might walk out of the theater at this moment. Emily and I just laughed really loud.

Nothing really bad happened to any of the kids, but both of us where just waiting for it several times. I'm so glad since we expected it, it didn't happen. But that just it...like when something is nice or enjoyable, especially in a movie...you prepare yourself "Ok, these people are too happy...someone is gonna die." And they do. Like all those stupid "hey look at this picture and see what wrong with it" and then some scary face jumps out on the screen with this loud screaming and scares the crap out of you! Now we are used to that, expect it, even when thats not the case. A family member sent me some motivational spiritual movie thing a year or so ago. It was so over the top...sweeping music, motivational text, kind of a patriotic tone. I sat there on the edge of my seat waiting for Batboy to jump out screaming. Any moment now....any time...now....ok now...now? And it never happened!! It was really that sappy...and no Batboy. I felt kind of gypped. I feel like those kind of expectations have ruined me in some way. I can't just enjoy the movie or scene, I'm used to all the trite, over-used cliches. I love movies, all movies, good and bad. And most movies tend to be on the bad side and are written with all the same formula, and just re-used.



Today I went downtown. First stop was the bathroom after taking the local train that takes over an hour to get downtown. So of course I have to go to my special bathroom at the W Hotel.

I even took some of their disposable hand towels to show Brad. They are really nice..and unbelievably disposable!! On my way out I grabbed a few apples. They always have fresh green apples for their guests, and I always go bring them to my favorite homeless person. He sits on the corner of Franklin and Adams by the parking garage, across the street from Sears Tower. He such a sweet grandfatherly type. Always makes funny signs about current events and such. Has the brightest white dentures too.

Then met up with Brent on LaSalle to decide where to eat. We ended up going to Italian Village. His first time, my second. He wants to bring his brother there when he visits in a few weeks. We need to keep our ears and eyes open to get Brent in some sort of food eating contest. I think he would really kick ass. He is truly amazing. I'm serious. Then we walked across the street to Bank One Plaza just to sit by the fountain for awhile.





I like talking to Brent, we have some out there conversations, and it's ok to do so. No such thing as a weird question or thought. We laugh a lot...especially at ourselves.

Then we walked back to his office and then I left to go get a slurpee. Walked to Millennium Park. I took pics of kids playing in the spitter fountains (Actually called the Crown Fountain), and the Jay Pritzker Pavilion. Took a nap in the grass there. They really do have the best grass there....the softest and cushiest I have ever slept on....REALLY! Then walked to Water Tower Place, and then took the free red trolley back to Union Station to head home. Took pictures of people from the trolley too.

Tomorrow I will find more projects to do around the house, and maybe go see the dogs tomorrow, cause I don't think I will on Saturday. Saturday Brad and I are going downtown and making a day of it.

Pics of the park and random people on the street:











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home