.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Friday, July 22, 2005

Had a good day yesterday.I got going early cause I was taking the train downtown to meet a friend for his birthday lunch.I passed a nearby farm while I was out running a few morning errands and some horses were out. I've seen them out before but never up close to the road by the fence like that. So I turned around and pulled over to go say hi to them. They were really friendly and very curious. Stomped their feet a lot...clompy clomp clomp, like I have seen counting horses do. I wasn't sure if it was a good sign or bad. But they stayed up at the fence so I approached. The reddish brown horse was the most curious and kept pushing the other 2 horses away. He liked me petting his face. I could only pet the black horse as long as I was petting him at the same time and didn't stop. He tried to eat my shirt. Blew his hot horse snout all over me smelling me from head to toe. They were a bit muddy and needed to be brushed. The brown one had some burs in his mane that needed picking out. I was wearing my cha-cha shoes and had to stand on my toes so my heels didn't sink in the dirt. I stayed for awhile talking to my new friends but then I had a train to catch.

Went downtown, got there a bit early before the scheduled lunch so I met up with Brent at McDonalds. It's been awhile since I've seen him and I miss him. If I have an interview next week or not downtown I will have to schedule a lunch with him. Then went to Weber Grill for the birthday lunch for Don. Shoved a bunch of atomic fireballs from the hostess stand in my purse. After lunch on my way to get a dessert Slurpee a lady stopped me on the street to admire my shoes. She said they were so happy looking, I told her that's why I call them my cha-cha shoes and told her where I got them.

After riding the train back home I stopped at the grocery store and bought a bag of carrots, hoping I might see my new horse friends again. I stopped by this morning, hoping they might be in the same field as yesterday as their morning routine...but they weren't. But I will keep checking.










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home