.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Yesterday I went to walk dogs.
I am running out of things to do around the house, mood is up and down on a dime.
So dogs was the answer.

I went to see Diamond first.






Studley is still there, but at least up for adoption. And thank goodness on the non-staff adoption side they renamed him to Apollo. Much better name!! I like mythology names, he could be a Zeus too.





Last I walked Isabelle.
I don't know why she was dropped off, someone loved her enough to paint her toenails.



This is her kissy face. She doesn't lick much, she just walks her face into yours with her lips kinda puckered. She has a great kissy face, I kissed her a lot.








Today I went to the local downtown area (for something to do - to keep busy)
I got a table outside of the Starbucks on the busy corner and got adopted by 3 old guys.
Jack was the leader. (The pics came out crappy...too much back light)



Jack (in the orange) is my new boyfriend. His son is 50 and some super high level in the local police. Started out in the K9 Unit. Jack has been retired for over 5 years now, been on 20 cruises, and says I need to go to Italy. He has many jokes lined up, everytime he opens his mouth you just wait for the zinger. And he is very generous with the compliments. I heard the angel from heaven, stuff about my eyes the whole shebang! He also has asthma and is only using 51% of his lung capacity. The guy is really great though, I started out sitting there pouting over my coffee and this guy totally brought me out of my shit. Then this dutch guy joins us (in the cap) He is from Independence MO, moved there from Holland in the 1957. Told tales of working on the boats while in Holland during the war. He was visiting his daughter who lives here and his grandson who is going through his college orientation. Then the other guy, another friend of Jack's came up as I was leaving and got a quick picture. Jack is there every morning and knows every other person around. So I'll probably go back tomorrow and get my coffee and chat.

After that I left to meet Brad at his work for lunch. He took me to a really good Chinese buffet. They didn't have a huge buffet, but what they had out was great, not all that fried stuff. Even had some fruit for dessert. It's a nice drive out to where he works, lots of farm land. Then on the way back to his work we stopped at a farm that sells their stuff. Bought some corn and a tomato for dinner tonight, then went back and fed their goats some of the corn husks. I like goats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home