.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Get up start doing my routines.
Open blinds, hang up bath mat from Brad's shower, make bed, put the things on Brad's dresser back in place, close the closet door, close drawers that might be ajar. Drive to the local downtown area listening to Stereo Total trying my best to imitate her french accent. Go to Einstein's, get a toasted bagel with schmear, say "hi" to Ed the owner on my way out. I can hear the old guys at Starbucks a block away. Booming voices and laughter, they were still on their high from last nights baseball game.
Robert asked me if I stayed up to finish it. I had. They approved, seemed I was the only female they knew of who did. Robert gave me a hug. Went in, got my iced coffee and went back out to the boys. Cold outside, but they had a crowd out there going on. As we were talking outside I noticed I got some powder on Roberts shoulder when I hugged him. I hate that! I am supposed to look flawless and fresh faced..like I don't have a lick on. This is giving me away! Jack comes by wanting to know where I was yesterday morning since I didn't come around. I'm still looking at the smudge on Robert's shoulder. Robert brings out pictures from his latest party and I use it as an opportunity to pat his shoulder and oh so subtly wiping away any evidence.
The boys make a big to do about my wearing camo pants, until a guy with blue hair and piercings walks by and totally distracts them as they wonder what this clear outsider is doing on their territory. I excuse myself to go walk dogs.















I finished Pretty Is As Pretty Does last night, so gonna head out and find a place to start reading Geek Love, and do the local crossword and sudoku before my therapy appt at 3.

My phone interview from yesterday went well, I am going in for an interview on Monday from 11-12. It's a bit of drive, not in the loop. Brad doesn't like the drive but we will see if they even make an offer and deal with it then.

1 Comments:

Blogger leftedge suzy said...

Hey Chicago Sheri, I'm the person who wrote Pretty Is As Pretty Does..... I read your blog and saw you mention it. I've got a new book out, Twenty Questions, about a woman who thinks someone else has been murdered in her place. Sometimes it seems like so few people read books anymore-- it's great to see people online talking about what they're reading. It's especially nice when it's your own book they talk about. Thank you. ps my husband is fromn Chicago too-- Hillside, but he always calls it Chicago. He went to St.Domitillo's, a Catholic boy.

7:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home