.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Before and during the auction everyone was so nice and talkative to me and my super cute agent Kora. After the auction when Kora would call to ask them to send her the contract they couldnt get off the phone with her fast enough telling her to call somebody else, and then she would leave whoever a voicemail.

Then yesterday while I am doing laundry some guy named Bill calls me. Says he was at the auction, and am I the girl that bid and got the place. Yeah. He doesnt work for auction but was at the auction and says many times about how upset he was at how auction went. I dont know his state of mind so I dont even ask him how the hell he got my phone number (cell phone btw) He said his broker told him that they wont sell to me and asked if I got the contract yet and I said no. He says he will call back Monday or Tuesday with the auction owners name for me if I dont have it by then. Okay. He also said he went to the seller and auction people right after they closed auction and offered to buy 4 units at what I paid and said they got belligerent with him. Still...how did he get my number, why is he calling, what does he want from me? But I said nothing and sympathized with him mostly.

Then I called super cute Kora and gave her his number she left him a voice mail, and called a bunch of auction people to ask what was up. One of the guys called her back leaving her a voice mail, made no mention of Bill, and said the holdup on the contract was the seller. The seller has not gotten back in touch with them to sign the contract. But they did fax her the contract portion I signed so the attorney can look at it Monday and see if he has anything to add about the situation.

I think the seller was unhappy with auction, that no one was bidding and the price I got the most expensive unit for. Thats why auction was closed after I won first bid and the other, the other units did not go up. I dont know what legal obligation seller has or does not have to keep their end of the bargain. I do have the name and address of the seller and their attorney now from my copy of the contract.

Gonna wait until Monday, check with auction about contact from seller, see what attorney says and then figure out how to proceed.

I had a late lunch with my mortgage guy yesterday and filled him in on all the weirdness. He is really cute but likes Fox News. I'll still use him as my mortgage guy though, really liked all his suggestions and he is great with numbers.

Got my Harry Potter book today!!! Sat at Starbucks to read, at least 3 other people reading it there too. Only on page 137, so many other people looked so much further along.

Went through a couple furniture stores today to get ideas for furnishing my new condo. Even if it doesnt work out with this one, there were 3 other places I liked just not for the kick ass price I paid for this one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Technodoll said...

huh. talk about being given the runaround... do you know if this is normal procedure, or a special case because you won the auction at such a low price & they're losing money? arses. it's how the game works, they should respect the rules! i really hope it works out for you, that the red tape resolves itself sooner than later. you need to move in and baptize those rooms, LOL! :)

6:49 PM

 
Blogger Chicago Sheri said...

no idea what they are usually like, tried asking some of them that night and they said usually not like that, more people etc etc
but who knows

yes the auction was acting on behalf of the seller, so i should get condo

but we will see

:)

10:31 PM

 
Blogger RC said...

wow...that is some phone call run around for sure.

it's always wierd when someone you don't know calls your cell.

9:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home