.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Stayed in bed a bit today.
Did my crossword in bed while watching Regis and Kelly instead of out like I usually do.
Bird were going nuts on a tree outside our bedroom window, it has berries on it, and they flocked on all at once would freakishly flock away and then flock back and have some kind of manic berry frenzy.



Got out and going, and made it out to the skating rink for public skate time from 11:30 to 1.



Was a little shaky at first, get my ice legs going again. Right away this guy named Paul started talking to me. He is the guy on the left in the picture. Said he would have to take my picture skating, but we didn't.
He was really nice, and I enjoyed the conversation. His work is slow right now. He works in quarries with the big drills and machinery like that. Just came back recently from Iraq where he was a medic. Says he kind of misses it. Comes from a big family, made an ice rink in their back yard and used to play hockey. He was pretty good at skating backwards, and jumping around and all that stuff, I was just happy to be skating :)

The other guy in the picture on the right, was really really good. He is tall but just very fluid and comfortable in his body, he was spinning and jumping and just really graceful. I enjoyed watching him and some of the little girls all dressed up in their little skating outfits.

After that I picked Brad up from work for lunch. We ate pizza by the slice at Mrs. T's. It hit the spot, I was hungry and ready to eat at that point. Since we ate lunch late we had the place to ourselves.

Then after dropping him back off I went to Yorktown Plaza and ordered our sofa from JCPenny. It will be here in 6 to 8 weeks. It kind of looks like this.

.

I ordered it in a burnt red color, same fabric, sectional. 3 cushions on one side and 4 on the other. Short for me, longer for Brad.

Tomorrow is my lunch outing at Maggiano's with the Starbucks group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home