.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Went to Starbucks. Jack wasn't there today but some of the other regulars are starting to notice me and give me the secret nod. I sit outside and do some crosswords. Listen in on the other people around me. The locals that go there and talk have been here forever and talk about how much things have changed since they moved here, and local political issues. So I just mostly listen in.
Then I went to walk dogs.I walked Zero first. Don't know about her name...Her ears were dirty and really bothered her, she kept sliding around on the side of her face to scratch them. So I took her back inside, cleaned them out as best I could and then put in the liquid ear cleaner stuff, to help her out. Poor girl, she was going crazy with her itchy ears. She was funny though, made lots of funny faces.








Then I walked Mango. He was all sweet and lovey dovey, then he started nibbling on me. Nibbling on my ears, and then just got al worked up and was nibbling my chin, my hair and jumping all over me. I got tossed around in the grass for awhile, then managed to get up. Put my ponytail back in and then he jumped up for another hug. And he does hug too. Jumps up with his paws al stretched out and just stays up like that. He is a lover, and just doesnt realize that I am not a compact muscular pit like him that can give it back. Look at those eyes trying to hypnotize me in the second picture!! He is the Pepe Le Pew of dogs!!






So then I took out Molly. Over 5 years old, has that Satchel look from Get Fuzzy look on her face. A bit wide, like she was given a lot of table scraps, but perfect for hugging. She is shy, likes to look away, and sit with her back to me, but she leans in on me, letting me hug on her. Like she is the Giving Tree or something.




Had lunch at the Aramark cafeteria, it was alright, got a sandwich, ate half and brought the rest home. Then mowed the lawn, watered flowers and watered the lawn tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home