.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Chicago Sheri

Monday, September 05, 2005

My sister has been visiting since Friday and is leaving tomorrow morning.
It's been a nice visit.
Lots of shopping.
Today we went ice skating. It was a lot of fun.
It's been well over 10 years for me. First lap I hugged the wall, second lap hands off the wall but near it, and then the rest of the time on my own and got better with each lap.
Didn't fall once, but had kind of expected to. Got my speed going, kept my feet going instead of just gliding, bent my knees, leaned forward, got my arms going. It all came back to me! I can't do anything fancy, just skate, no twirls. Just like I ski...no tricks, just straight down.
My sister was taking hockey lessons for a bit and was ready to hit the ice again, since with 3 kids she normally doesn't have the time. She brought her hockey skates too! I also liked watching the other people, how they were moving their feet, and how relaxed and fluid they looked doing it.
I felt like my old roller skating days. They even played Kajagoogoo - Too Shy, and I go all excited to skate to it again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home